What is Carla's
Each year, beginning in November, we look for people
that might be interested in sponsoring a
local South Jersey child for Christmas. These children are labeled
“Homeless” by the State of
They are living in Homeless Shelters or are in temporary Foster Care because
they have been
taken from their parents, often due to abuse or neglect. These children
desperately need to
know that there is someone out there that loves them.
Won’t you please join us this year in purchasing Christmas gifts for a
If you volunteer to be a sponsor, you will receive the child’s first name,
and DYFS caseworker. You will be given a letter explaining what to do and a
possible gift suggestions for your child that are age appropriate.
You purchase whatever you want; there is no set dollar amount that you have
Just do what God leads you to do.
If you are interested and would like to sponsor a child or several children,
please contact Carla Pitman at
Names will be available at the 10 am worship service
beginning in November.
A Few Suggestions:
1. Please do not forget to include a Bible or storybook that tells
2. Buy several smaller, less expensive gifts rather than just one
3. Try to avoid gifts that need batteries. If you do purchase
something that requires batteries,
be sure to send extra batteries along.
4. Make gifts portable in size. These kids move around alot.
5. A list of suggested toys/gifts are available. They are ONLY
to assist you with purchasing toys that are age
6. If clothing size was given for the child, you will see it listed on
the following page.
You are under no obligation to supply clothes for this
child. This, too, is only a suggestion.
7. Due to allergy and dietary restrictions, DO NOT INCLUDE ANY
FOOD, CANDY, OR GUM.
What do I do once I have purchased my gifts?
1. Wrap the gifts in Christmas paper.
2. Put them in a large, HEAVY-DUTY PLASTIC TRASH BAG.
The pretty decorated plastic & foil bags rip easily.
3. Securely tie the top of the bag closed so gofts don't fall out.
4. Attach the ADHESIVE BACKED COVER WITH CHILD'S NAME card
to the trash bag in a prominent spot.
5. Bring your gifts to the Elmer United Methodist Church on or Before
the Due Date.